Mary Ellyn – Owner
Owner, Master Level Instructor
Mary Ellyn is a 58 year old mother of two. Married to her husband Jim since 2000, together they own a tax, accounting and financial services company.
She began pole dancing just for fun in 2002 before pole dancing became all the rage on television and in the fitness world.
She started by giving private lessons and hosting home parties. Having no resources in the Chicago area at the time, and through painstaking dedication, she learned the art of pole dancing without the benefit of a live instructor or classroom.
With the encouragement and support of her husband Jim, she began sharing her skills teaching pole dancing in 2005 after experiencing advanced pole dancing techniques while traveling abroad. She became hooked on learning more about pole dancing and developed the desire to teach it to others.
Mary Ellyn and Jim travel often hosting pole dance camps and judging and assisting at competitions and other events. When not traveling for pole dance-related events, their favorite vacation spots include Jamaica, Cancun and St. Martin. Although they can’t often travel with them, their dogs – Loki an Italian Greyhound, Roxie a Jack Russell Terrier and Dante a Jack Russell Terrier – are also pole studio puppies, who’s primary responsibilites include escorting the students safely to their vehicles after class and looking cute at all times…both of which are taxing responsbilities requiring lots of treats as rewards!
Losin Control: Russ
Nothing Here: Holy Other
Dancing and Exercise
High Heels and Sexy Clothing
Certifications and Training:
- Pole Dance Instructor Certification through Pole Fitness Studio, LLC
- Pole Dance Master-Trainer Certification through Pole Fitness Studio, LLC
- Pole Dance Instructor Training through Liquid Motion LLC
- Pole Dance Instructor Training through X-Pert Pole Fitness
- Pole Dance Pioneer Award through The Pole Dance Community
- Pole Dance Judges Training through the Canadian Pole Fitness Association
- The Method Teacher Training by choreographer Kelly Yvonne
- Certified Group Exercise Instructor The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- AAP level 5 dancer grading by the Pole Dance Community
- Creator of Empowerment Through Exotic Dance, Ltd Instructor Certification Course
- US Ambassador/Pole Pioneer Pole Dance Community
Ambassador: Pole Fitness Association.
Member: US Pole Dance Federation
- Member: National Academy of Sports Medicine
- President Midwest Pole Dancing
- Organized the first Midwest Pole Convention & Competitions 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Organized the North American Pole Dance Championships in 2012 – 2018
- Has acted as a professional judge for multiple pole dance competitions
- Organized Chicago contingent Guinness World Record pole dance event in 2006 and 2007.
- Producer of Dance Wicked For A Week bi-annual pole retreat since 2009
- Managing Officer: Lifestyle Financial Services, Inc
- International Pole Sports Federation – original board member and chair of the technical committee, development of rules/criteria for World Pole Sports Comp
- Level II Reiki Practitioner
You can contact Mary Ellyn directly at ME at ETEDance dot com